Monday, March 2, 2009

And the Engineer Said He Couldn't Write:

The following is an excerpt from a Mansuite + Jason email chain meant to organize a team meeting for our trip to Cabo:

WINSTON
Here's a round up of the comments so far, just to keep us all oriented:
Tom, Michael and I will begin out meeting at 7:30 and we will be extremely productive. Shortly after 8, Jason and Jordo will arrive with beers for everyone and we will begin to get wasted, productivity will decline rapidly but we'll still be planning away. Then Tom will leave, trashed, for big band at 9. Jon and Colin might come.

JASON
One more request: we must only drink Imperial, la cerveza de [Cabo, ed.].

COLIN
I get out of class at 8, so like Jordo and Winston, I will join you shortly thereafter.

JON
I will plan on being there at 7 to make some food for all of us beginning to be ready at 7:30. However on my way out of Mudd I will be abducted by aliens. I will wake up in a large tank of liquid somehow still breathing with my lungs. There will be a probe in my [ed]. After seducing the alien empress with my eyes she will let me out of my pickle chamber and make love to me in 1 dimension humans are not able to normally experience (and 2 of the ones we normally are able to experience). She will have 23 snoodiggers and I will enter at least 15 of them. As I go to light up a cigarette afterward she will explode as her blood is made up of volatile hydrocarbons.

Her death will spur an utter hatred for me onboard the ship and immediately the aliens will hyper jump back to earth. Having traveled well past the speed of light for a good minute and a half, when I return the sun will now be a red giant and earth will be orbiting only a few thousand miles from the sun. The oceans will have long ago boiled off and earth is now a crusty dry hot rock. I will look for you guys but I will be approximately 12.3 million years late for our meeting.

So sorry guys, just save me a beer please. I love imperial.

No comments:

Post a Comment