Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cake Heals All Wounds

When I came to the big city four years ago, I really didn't have much of a plan. One thing I knew I wanted to do was join Fruit Paunch, the legendary improv group I had heard so much about from my older sister. So I did, and that move has defined my time here. My closest friends, mentors, and Mike Molina have all been Paunchies. I'll try not to get too emotional here, but last night was my last Furnald lounge show at Columbia and, well...

Shit's getting real.

And it's only going to get realer as graduation approaches (and as we add flax seed to our smoothies! ;-). Luckily, Mansuite always pulls through to ease the transition process. Like last night, the suite came together to make a delicious dinner for Paunch & Co.

Tom, of course, led the cooking, and Rachel, of course, led the eating.

The culmination, however, came with the presentation of a cake specially made to honor Paunch (aren't they all) and the singing of "Happy Fruit Paunch to You." Thanks guys, you made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment